Labels

Friday, May 25, 2012

Charlotte's 4th Birthday Eve

My baby turns 4 years old tomorrow!
We do not have a formal party planned.
In part, due to my reflection on Lily's first birthday party.
I invited everyone in the world, to join in this milestone, thinking it was the right thing to do.
Turns out it only stressed me out, inconvenienced others,
and scared the wits out of my first born babe.
I promised never again
(to myself, my hubby, and my scared first born baby).

We have found a tradition with Lily's birthday 
by going to the waterpark and it has worked for us.

We do not have the same tradition for Charlotte
so I always feel a bit of guilt about the lack of fanfare,
second child syndrome, and more.

But knowing, Charlotte, I want to celebrate her
in the way she likes to celebrate.
And a formal party is not the way she likes to celebrate
(remember the blushing head down at preschool
 when they sang to her?)

So we are not having a big and formal party.

We are celebrating with many, for days and days.
Small and intimate gatherings are Charlotte's style.
Grandma and Grandpa were here for her preschool graduation and afterward took her to pick out her big girl bike, for her birthday.
Auntie Darci and Jason celebrated with us on her birthday eve. 
This was perfect, because they gifted us with many things including, a birthday oufit fancy enough for Charlotte's tastes,
and an ice cream cake and comfortable birthday song.

And as I finish this post her birthday has come and gone,
so I have a picture from birthday morning to share.
She added beads and a bracelet to her new birthday outfit.
Flapper, anyone?
Stay tuned for the rest of the birthday...
no formal party, but we are not celebrating.
We are celebrating Charlotte BIG TIME!

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive