Labels

Monday, May 7, 2012

Date Night

Yes, I love the blessed children,
but you must know better than to think I was going to spend the whole weekend with them interrupting, MY time with their parents.
Non, non, non.
I am too "French" for that.
I've become French since I read a French Parenting book, remember?
 I booked the best babysitter in the world
 and took the parents out!
Jennifer joined us for a delicious grown up meal
(my dreams really are coming true).
I had Beef Wellington... for the first time.
What has taken me so long?


The girlfriends raided my closet.
Just like old times.
(they titled my style as Uptown Glam. 
Shut up!  I know!)
Only besties flatter in this way, that is why we call them Besties.

 We were in perfect balance with our partners joining us.
 Friday night the women and men were separated in their conversations.
After spending Saturday, as families together, we were all one unit.
So much better.
We were ALL thrilled we didn't have to hold wee hands in the parking lot, ask for crayons, and whatnot.
 We almost had dessert.
We had the option anyways.
We looked and decided to say no.  
We had a bigger calling.
We headed to a bar with a mechanical bull instead.
As if, we were 20 something party animals. 
Super uptown glam classy, or non?
We did not stay long as pj's, candles and cuddling on the couch, as couples, who are also long time friends, was our calling.
But we were there, man. 
We totally entered that mechanical bull bar, and I danced 2 songs.
Like, totally rocked out to the stuff Lily listens too.


No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive