Labels

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Lowe Lemonade

My deadline for Avon Walk Fundraising was quickly approaching
 and we were far from our goal.
I took Lily's suggestion and we held a lemonade stand in the grocery store.
Good thing we were inside because it stormed much of the day.

 Darin and the girls were incredibly supportive.
(he didn't actually wear this, but I asked if push came to shove if I could post a picture of him with a pink feather boa for donations and he agreed, gladly)
 Turns out, we didn't need it.
We raised $350 from strangers!
 We shared our lemonade and they shared their stories, their tears, and their gratitude for us.
I was amazed by the kindness of strangers.
I was amazed by the support of my family.
And then when I shared the news, I was falling over in amazement at the donations that started coming in by the $100's!
Within days of our Lowe Lemonade stand we PASSED our goal of $3,600.
The timing is right because we have another family member scheduled for a lumpectomy this month.
Your love and generousity inspires me.
Thank you!



No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive