We said good bye to the outlaws on Mother's Day.
Happy Mother's Day Diane!
Thank you for Darin (and Darci too).
Thank you for being a thoughtful and considerate Grandma.
Thank you for taking my side when Darin and I are at odds.
You are the only one to understand what is is like to be married to a man who is wonderful at so many things including: finding low gas prices, superior selective listening skills, Trivia Extraordinaire, and knowing every stranger in the room.
I love you!
Thank you Lily and Charlotte for
making me the happiest Mama on earth.
You challenge me, you move me, you delight me.
You amaze me.
I pinch myself everyday that I was
lucky enough to birth the two of you.
I was living my life in black and white until you came along.
Now my life is in flashing neon chaos.
I wouldn't change a thing.
On this Mother's Day special thanks to Lily,
who wrote, illustrated and dedicated to me
A Book About Me.
It was the most meaningful gift I have ever received.
You know me better than anyone, child.
You are always watching and learning from me.
As for the Ropes Course you encouraged me
to do with you on Mother's Day...
it is clear you are the teacher,
and I am the student, learning from you.
I follow your lead and your bravery.
I trust in you.
And Mother's Day to me is always for you, Mama.
I got lucky when I got you.
When I feel the whole world has given up on me,
and quite frankly I am about to give up on myself,
you are my safe place.
My unconditional, no matter what, for always and forever love.
You are the most courageous and brilliant woman I know.
I love you more than the moon and stars.
I have all love and gratitude for myself on Mother's Day.
And yet I cry.
I cry for my friends that no longer have Mothers here.
I cry for my friends that despite many attempts,
will not be a Mother, in the way they wanted to.
I cry for the Mothers that have life complications
so intense they can not be there for their children,
and for the Fathers and Grandma's and big Sisters
that actually Mother.
I cry for the Mothers that don't live up
to their children's expectations.
And for the Mother's I know, feeling their children's pain
and find themselves unable to fix.
Motherhood is complicated.
It reaches into the deepest places in your heart and soul.
It so much more than
"brush your teeth, do your homework, use your manners"
And for all of you that Mother,
I praise you.





No comments:
Post a Comment