Labels

Monday, May 14, 2012

Get Away!

We were at a loss last Christmas with what to get D's parents,
(the Beloved Outlaws who gift us with everything).
So we decided to treat them (and us)
with something they really want = 
a weekend with us.
This was the weekend.
(thanks to Darci for coordinating)
We stayed in the best condo ever at
The Wilderness in Wisconsin Dells.

 The Lowe Family Circus had our own loft.
The room below had a view.
It was a wonderful weekend together.
I totally enjoyed being together "on vacation".
It was such a lovely and neutral ground.
No one was hosting,  yet we all brought something to share.
We all had our own space, and yet we were all together.
It was a perfect blend for me.
I loved the togetherness.
I also loved, just doing "my thing."
"My thing" was going in the wave pool with Lily.
There we were, floating together and apart.
And hooting out to one another when we would
separate and meet again.
I watched this carefree, adventureous, long lashed, curly haired girl of mine,
twirling in her tube,
with her steadfast followers of Daddy, Charlotte,
Grandpa, and Grandma watching us from afar
and I had A MOMENT.
A MOMENT, I willed myself to take a video of, in my mind.
And remember forever.
Because this moment was THE MOMENT.
The moment that life is really made of.
And I watched that 7 year old, with a perfectly funky tooth smile look at me and she would float away.
And she would come back,
hooting for me.
And I thought in this moment, right now, I have EVERYTHING.
(and I know it changes)
So I loved it.
I soaked it in.

My other thing was waking up early to train for the Avon Walk.
I found it fitting that I ran into other mothers along the way.
 After this picture,
and Mother Goose hissing at me, I changed my path.
I  understood her anxiety.
And appreciated her protection.
My other thing was napping with Charlotte.
Reading my book with her warm little body cuddled up next to me in the middle of the afternoon.
I closed my eyes along with her and enjoyed the soft sounds of her breath next to me.

 The outlaws brought us to a favorite restaurant, called Ishnala.
Its a secret spot up a gravel road.
Overlooking Mirror Lake.
Tiki torches, and Indian legend leading the way.
I fell in love upon arrival.
 We always go the Dells in February,
and enjoy the inside tropical-like resort.
I was delighted with the beautiful Wisconsin Springtime nature.
 When in Wisconsin...
Brandy Old Fashion, sweet with olives.
x2.
Ya hey der, warm and cozy on the insides.
 After dinner we had a sunset mini golf tourney.
 I might be the only one in the family that does not golf.
I decided to forgo any swings on one particular hole.
Bringing my score back to par :)
Argh! Twas a stormy night at sea...
Just kidding.
Pirates are friendly photo ops.
Auntie Darci 

And Jason, already has earned his title of Uncle.
I hate to ruin any surprises, but after this grand get away, I already have an idea for the outlaws Christmas gift this year.


No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive