I was invited to do a sales presentation in
Des Moines, on Monday.
It was my first time flying as a business person,
being in and out on the same day.
Did you know if you are flying 2 flights within 24 hours you get both boarding passes at once?
No, me either.
Did you know it was possible to fly without bags?
No, me either!
Did you know it was possible to fly there and back in a buiness suit and look like you know something important?
Yes, of course you know this.
Because you have done it, or you know someone that does it.
I have never done it.
So I was a virgin in/out business traveler.
And, I felt weird.
And when I saw my more experienced, business peers around me,
I thought they were weird.
(aren't we all just pretending to be so professional?)
Does anyone want to admit they are reading Fifty Shades on their Kindle, or looking forward to the glass of wine when the presentation is over?
HELLLOOO? Anyone?
It was a nice change of pace, to be out in the world alone.
I felt brave to travel alone and then stand up in front of 20 professionals and attempt
to the sell the good work my company does.
I was proud of my company, and myself.
I was also proud to come home to gratitude for the work I do here.
I was greeted with a bouquet of weeds
the sleeping girls had left for me.


No comments:
Post a Comment