Labels

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Not a diet - Diet

I love food.
I love to cook.
I love to eat.
I love farmers and gardeners.
I love the butcher, the baker,
and the blessed cheesemaker.
I love to read about food.
I love to talk about food.
I love to take pictures of food.
But with my neck situation, I am lacking
hot yoga, running and dancing.

I am feeling puffier than usual from this great love of food.
And with the wedding coming up (and me being the oldest bridesmaid)
I want to do the smoking hot dress and I some justice.
So I am experimenting.
(I also saw a trailer for a movie called Forks over Knives and it scared me...
though I have yet to see the full movie)
So, (for now anyway)...
good bye to yummy Cinco de Mayo deliciousness.

 And hello to citris kale detox salads.
 Oh, I still have pizza.
Not frozen.
Homemade butternut squash, arugula, and gruyere instead.
Yum, and better than frozen.
Nearly as easy too. 

I digress, I was invited to the Oprah show
11 years ago because of
an essay I submitted to the O magazine on aging.
Funny, I won anything that had to do with
aging because I was only 25.
Nonetheless, I brought 2 friends and
we got first choice at seats and listened to experts talk about aging
all the while smiling in hopes we were on camera.

(and in bigger news, Oprah came to shake my hand
and She held it with both of hers and looked into my eyes.
I was speechless, as if I just met my own personal Jesus)

I really digress.
The Experts said the key to a long life
is to take a Japanese diet.
 No problem.
(can I add salt?)
 In the past few days of my new eating I feel fantastic.
I actually crave kale.
Strange, I know.
It will take my family some getting used to.
Darin has been out of town for work.
When he came home, he took one look at the delicious leftovers,
turned up his nose and made a chicken sandwich.
I have asked the girls to at least try everything.
I have also, promised the girls
I will not take away our bi weekly stovetop popcorn indulgence.
I have never dieted. 
This isn't a diet.
I am just trying to make healthy eating choices
that make me feel good.
And I am on an 80/20 plan.
Meaning 20% of the time
I will have as much damn cheese as I want.
And lucky for me, I consider red wine a fruit.
I get my daily dose, as recommended.
I think healthy eating can contribute to a long and healthy life.
I think stressing less about anything,
 including what you eat/don't eat, habits,
and fearing less
can contribute to a long and healthy life.
I am trying out this new, not a diet, I created,
to feel better in my right now.
If it contributes to less stress about the long and healthy life,
than its already doing its job.
Bon Appetit!




1 comment:

Erica @ Happenings at the Husted House said...

Yum, post recipes! That pizza looks fantastic!

My Blog List

Blog Archive