Labels

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Break a Leg!

I did.
Literally.
I broke my leg.
I slipped on the ice in the driveway and fell.
At first I thought it was just a sprain.
I carried on about my business hobbling around.
I had lots to catch up on at home,
after my big week at work.
And plans to go to the outlet malls
for new work clothes.
I did dishes and laundry.
I swept the floors.
Later to find out,
I have fractured my fibula.
I swept the floors with a broken leg.

Something is clearly wrong with me.
I can't even believe it myself.
So now I am off work,
my second week on the job.
Lucky for me, they were very understanding.
I hope to heal fast.
I am figuring out how to use crutches.
How to shower without a shower.
How to carry a coffee cup from the kitchen
to the living room.
It sucks.
Big time.
But things could always be worse.
So...I am taking the sign from the universe
to slow down and pay attention.
The last time I broke a bone was when I was 5
and my dad moved to Arizona.
He had to come back to see me in the hospital.
Now that my Dad has left me again,
I broke my leg.
Isn't it ironic?
I meet with an ortho doctor tomorrow,
where I will learn more about my progress.
The Doc's name is Greg.
I trust things happen for a reason,
so I will not complain.
In all honesty, I
 did have a meltdown this morning.
Sitting still is just not really my thing.
Thank Goodness for books, gossip magazines,
and the lengthy tv series, The Bachelor.
Not to mention my 3 great home nurses.
 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love your perspective on the broken leg. Paying attention to the signs and mesages all around us is such a beautiful gift. Hope you heal quickly.

My Blog List

Blog Archive