Hi Friends,
Last Sunday, all I wanted to do was
sit on my couch with my book.
Somehow I ended up at a Corn Maze, instead.
I am so glad, because it was a beautiful fall day
and we were with the best of friends.
My friend, Joni grew up on a farm,
and I grew up in the middle of farms,
so it was fun to take our city kids to the country.
In my youth I spent lots of time,
hiding from the cops,
in corn fields,
during under age field parties.
I didn't tell the girls this.
I wonder where the Lowe girls
learned to pose with their
hands on their hips like that?
Geez, I can't get away with anything!
Lily was pretty upset about this picture,
she didn't want to be the "fat pumpkin",
versus what, I wonder?
The "fat devil", "fat witch", "fat queen"?
Whatever.
Get in there, Lily
I am taking a picture, daggit!
Its a perfect photo opportunity,
and look at how natural
and happy I look with a broomstick!
and happy I look with a broomstick!
My favorite part was the hayride.
It was kinda like sitting on my couch,
but even cozier!
I should mention,
there was also lots of zombies.
And a haunted prison
(no thank you!)
These kids are growing,
as fast as cornstalks!
Knee high by the 4th of July,
or something like that.
They also had homemade apple donuts,
and chili cheese waffle fries.
You heard me.
Worth getting off the couch for.

No comments:
Post a Comment