Labels

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Write your stories and make your bed!

Friends,
I am trying to focus on the everyday things.

The simple things that make up my life.

This is not easy for me,
as my heart and mind,
 are filled with ever present grief.

Doing 3 eulogies in 3 years,
has me throwing myself
 a big pity party...
 for one. 

I am both the host
 and the guest of honor.

Any who,
in an effort to stay present in today,
I want to share some sweet stories,
I found in Lily's journal.
It appears she's got the same,
 writing bug,
 as me.
She has a desire
 to express herself
 in stories and words.

Enjoy!

People Who I Miss"
This one person I miss. 
His name is Shooty. 
He was very helpful to me and my family. 
He would help anyone in need. 
He got very sick. 
Shooty could not walk.
He had a very rare disease. 
No one wanted him dead. 
He was a very good man
 and I know that,
 Jr. is in a very good place. 
He is with us still. 
It is tough.
 
"Amy L."
Miss Lemieux is the best teacher ever! 
If only,
 she did not go back
 to get her Masters,
everything would be good. 
 
Everyone,
which, that means,
Me, Caroline, Kylie and Natalie...
 
Everyone wants her back, who met her.
 
She was funny, fun,
and the very best teacher ever. 
 
I have been looking everywhere I know,
 and it looks like,
 I need to go back to Pep Boys Auto
(where I last saw her),
 
Don't you think?
 
"People I Love" 
I love everyone. 
Except if I could only pick a few,
I would pick my Mom and Dad,
Ceci, and Nanna
and a lot more.
 
I pick them.
 All of them.
They are nice and respectful to me.
And they all love,
 so I should love them, right?
They show me, just how I want to be treated.
 
They are some of my favorite people,
 and I love everyone.
 
I love you and me.
 
The end.
 Look for more of my book please.

And here is her PR manager.
Charlotte performed a miracle,
having Lily sit still,
 for a remarkable amount of time,
the other night,
 while she created her,
 Portrait of Big Sister.
If you are wondering what is on Lily's face,
between her nose and mouth,
like I was,
I have the answer.
"her teeth!"
Charlotte proudly declared!

My favorite part,
is Lily's name in bubble letters.


The only reason, I can share this sort of stuff
is because my friend Bridget is going to be OK.
Only because she is so awesome.
 
It really sucks and its really scary.
But she is really super strong.
 
And somehow we went to breakfast
the other day and found ourselves laughing.
 
Plus, we have made a pact to
get out of bed and make our beds everyday.
Even on the days we know we are going to crawl
right back in.
I think these are good first steps.
 
Greet the day, Friends!
 

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive