We attended our new kindergarten friend G's 6th birthday at Sweet and Sassy.
You haven't heard of it?
Its a salon for young girls.
They dressed in rockstar outfits,
got their nails done,
their hair done,
and their make up done.
Then they danced on a stage and made a music video.
Here we are with bday girl G, our BFF K, and LL "before" the make over.
When they made it BIGTIME.
Lily couldn't take her eyes off herself on the bigscreen.
There was a stage full of little 6 year old girls dancing away with all the confidence and pride and beauty in the world.
Strutting their stuff up and down the stage listening to Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, etc.
To a chorus of adoring (mom) fans.
I was clapping along (and secretly praying).
Dear God, let her keep it.
Let her own it forever.
I remember my mom always did and still does tell me,
I am the most beautiful girl in the world.
I don't know what happens, but there is a period of time in life,
when you don't believe it anymore.
And then luckily, (for me anywho with enough self talk)...
as I am begining to experience now,
you start to believe it again.
With enough dancing in the mirror,
I should have it back
in full
by my 50th birthday.
Who's going to Sweet and Sassy with me to make our (Madonna)video?


2 comments:
I am coming with you! The only question is: Will our music video be to Vogue, Like A Prayer, Material Girl, or my personal favorite: Open Your Heart? (And also: GO LILY!)
I'll be there, Beautiful!!!! I can't wait!
(Loved this post)
Post a Comment