G & G Lowe brought THE Christmas Gifts of all Christmas Gifts to us this weekend
THE JAMMING BARBIE JEEP
("Jamming" means it comes with working radio).
And this jeep comes with a long story regarding Black Friday at the Janesville Walmart at 1 am when we returned home without a Barbie Jeep. Let's not get into that right now.
Grandpa gave me help when needed and then everyone headed out to give me the space I needed to figure out instructions number 1-29 to assemble.
Here we have Thelma and Louise on their first ride.
The battery needed to charge for an alarming 12 hours before we could go for a spin.
The girls spent nearly 12 hours in this position listening to the radio on the jeep before it moved.
Little did they know the 2 1/2 mile an hour speed that was ahead for them. (Little do they know now that we can increase it to 5 miles a hour)
And yes Charlotte is wearing a swimsuit.
It has been her daily attire for the past week.
Why do you ask?
Its April in the Midwest, afterall.
Totally appropriate.
The swimsuit matches her rainboots, as well.
A perfect combo.
She KNOWS how to do U-turns, Y-turns, etc.
It all came natural.
I have a feeling she can parallel park, better than me.
As you can see, Charlotte and I have the same fear with this newfound talent of Lil's.
The thrill of the ride was so exciting, Lily had to stop at many points to just kiss and squeal and gush on her passenger side navigator. Charlotte quickly learned her role of picking radio stations and left putting the pedal to the metal to Lily.
Watching these girls in the car,
with Ke$ha playing on the radio,
as they wheeled along the street,
brought me so many images I can not even explain.
I think one of my own personal childhood dreams just came true.
I think I saw them at 16 and 19 going to a party that I don't approve of.
I think I am so happy they have each other.
I think I am so happy we have Grandparents that totally indulge in spoiling us for the pleasure of this moment.

No comments:
Post a Comment