Labels

Friday, April 8, 2011

Happy Easter

Our Easter did not turn out as planned,


but it turned out nonetheless.


We had plans to visit my Dad, Terri, sister Amy and hubby Josh, and Emily in Dad's neck of the woods.


Both girls got sick and we ended up turning our anticipated road trip around and heading back home.

There is a comfort to being home when you are sick. I am sure every family has a Response System Workflow.

Ours is like this...move patient,clean up mess/laundry, get glass of water, puke bowl, medicine yes or no, humidifier yes or no, blankies, hugs, Sprite/Saltines/Pedialite/neverletthemeatwatermelonagainbecausethiswasreallygross etc.

We were able to Skype with my family later that evening.

The girls felt better that evening just in time for the Easter Bunny's arrival the next day!


Lily took awhile to find her basket and when she finally did declared "wow the Easter Bunny must know I am so good at finding stuff, that is why he hid mine so tricky! He knows I am good at this kind of thing, right Mom?"


Here's the girls on Easter morning when I asked them to smile.
Here's the girls on Easter morning when I tell them to just "be themselves"


Cheers! Candy for breakfast!


The remains of the indoor Easter Egg hunt we hosted for neighbors earlier in the week. Time got away from us and we ended up decorating our eggs...
...and eating them on Easter Morning.


ooh ahh yum.
Dad also had the idea to make waffles.

With M&M's.

Super Yum!
Then we went to see a movie, can you guess which one?
There was a kindred spirit amongst the strangers in the theater.
Like we all knew we weren't at church with the rest of the good people.
Rebelling in the guilty extra butter popcorn.I believe in the rebirth that Spring brings.
I believe in playing the Easter Bunny for as long as I can.
I believe in the innocence and joy these two have added to my life.
Happy Easter, or as my (recently converted Jewish) friend Jennifer and I like to say
Happy Peace-ster.

1 comment:

Cathie said...

You don't know how much I love you all. Happy belated Easter!

My Blog List

Blog Archive