Labels

Monday, April 11, 2011

Soccer Gurl

Soccer Lily.

Let's be honest.

She spends a fair amount of time on the field acting as coach.

Telling the others how to do it.

Tripping, prancing, twirling, dancing.

And then she is SCORING.

Its a wild phenomenon.





She's a cartoon character.

Seriously.

She cries if she can't dress fancy.

Can you imagine how Darin handles this?

She wants to wear a dress to the muddy park,

to rake leaves,

to go on a hike...

and to soccer practice.

When sweatpants are suggested tears of agony start spewing out of her.

Its a bit much for even (a fancy mom like) me.

But on the field she is fierce.

A great teammate.

All for one and one for all!

Here she is with 3rd season in a row teammate Julian, who is also our neighbor.

I think Lily is such a superhero of a girl.

I think she could play the leading role in a great comic book series.

I think she is teaching me everything I needed to know about being a girl and playing to my strengths and beating (even boys) on the field.

In a very fashionable way.


No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive