Labels

Friday, April 29, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

The girls and I attended a Mother/Daughter Tea Party for Mother's Day.


Look at the beautiful gifts they crafted for me!


Look closely at the "K and the S" that Lily added to hers.



 
We enjoyed tea, sandwiches, games, and Norah Jones.

The "K and S" on Lily's cup represent who she gifted her tea cup to.
K (her BFF) and sister S, who made a surprise (to us) appearance at the event!
This was a lovely welcome as we love them and there presence made more fun for all of us.
But it also was the realization, to me, that Lily's (really good and awesome friends) are a bigger thrill than just me, Mom. You know?
I wore the dress with "no handles" (straps) as she has been begging for at every opportunity, wanting me to get out of my yoga pants and be "fancy".
I was thrilled to have an event to be fancy with her.
And K's arrival marked the end of our time.
I was now witnessing Lily from the sidelines, (in good company with K's mom).
Get used to it. I know.
Therefore I overcompensated helping Charlotte who was still interested in me, with her craft, adding a few more "World's Greatest Mom" stickers than necessary.


No worries, K's sister S, told her mom

"I don't need you, I can do it myself! Get away from me!"

As they "enjoyed" their Mother/Daughter Craft together.

I am not alone.
Before we knew they were coming we delighted in our own little threesome girl love.

Dad played photographer on our way out.



We shamelessly used our neighbors pretty yard as a backdrop.


Our own is filled with swingsets and dandelions.


Save the dandelions!? Anyone with me?


No, me either.


I mean, YES, anywhere, but not here on our tiny Chicago suburban plot,


where the neighbors frown on us.


I wasn't the only mom to celebrate on this day. Obviously. Lily staged her own Mother's Day photo shoot with the Bitty's earlier.




Happy Mother's Day All!


We've all got one!


No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive