Labels

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Happy 11th Anniversary Mike and Julie

Last year was Mike and Julie's 10th Anniversary. Chris and I (loyal wedding attendants of 1999), hosted a real party with food, drink, and a reserved room at an establishment in Madison for their closest friends to celebrate with them.

Happy 10th Anniversary M & J!




This year on short notice I realized they would be at my house on their anniversary and in a last minute attempt to celebrate came up with a not-too-shabby-party. All a party needs is...


something to eat...


an elite guest list...



a song and dance for the guests of honor...


and decorations!

Our two families held a dance party in our family room, strobe light included. We danced around holding hands, making up our own electric slide, and of course, dedicating the slow songs to the honorable couple. I think having Hannah and Bailey there to celebrate with us made this impromptu party even better than last years affair. Naturally, knowing me, this was in part to celebrate Mike and Julie's love. And in part to get the necessary out of the way so we could put the kids to bed and I could rip Julie away from Mike so I could get my much needed BFF fix on the front porch sharing a bottle of wine, and on a walk and at the park gazebo, after a storm in the midnight hour, holding hands and shedding tears. Aren't we romantic? Julie and I, that is?
Thanks for putting up with us Mike and Darin!

***and now a note of regret***

Bob and Cathie's Anniversary is two days prior to Mike and Julie's. And I FORGOT. And I blame this on the fact that they ran away to get married and never let me have my moment of glory standing up next to them in a foxy dress holding a pretty bouquet and getting my picture taken (truth be told Lily and I DID put on some old bridesmaid dresses, plucked bouquets from our yard, and had Darin take our picture at the exact moment Bob and Cathie were saying their vows. These photos actually made it in their wedding album. God Bless Them). Nevermind. Its obviously all their fault. And I am obviously so sorry! HAPPY SECOND ANNIVERSARY BOB AND CATHIE!!! I love and celebrate your love every day of the year!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Heather, you crack me up...yes, you and Julie are so romantic!!! :) Looks like you all had a good time with the festivities you planned to mark 11 years (wow!). :) And Julie and Mike and YOU all look so great!!!! Man, we've aged well, haven't we? :)

Cathie said...

You are too sweet Hedd. 11 is so much more impressive than 2 - Congrats Julie and Mike! Do share your secrets!

My Blog List

Blog Archive