AHEM, however. As I celebrate pee pee, I am equally full of gratitude to have folks in my life that INSPIRE me beyond toliet training (a monumental task for any mom or big sister). And lately, I am feeling a need for a break from the Divine task of parenting. At times the Divine is felt most profoundly while on my hands and knees wiping up the floor under the kitchen table while having juice spilling slowly down my back from a grinning toddler above. Or enjoying the zen of my OnDemand Yoga video peace with 2 children gleefully climbing on my downward dog posture, obviously creating a slide for them.
Parenting is both Divine and redundant (do I hear dishes and laundry and always more of it? anyone? anyone?). And dare I say, sometimes boring, even in its busyness.
"How many words can you think of that start with the letter S?", just doesn't entertain me on some days. Forgive me. When I feel like this it is great to have companions that understand. Today, I am so forever grateful for companions of mine doing nothing of the sort. These folks out there are not concerned with potty training and I find them not only a breath of fresh air, but an inspiration for my mind and heart and soul to find a balance in suburban motherhood (a gift) and also a window to a life lived differently.
Here's what a few of my heros are doing (and I am so blessed they share. Do they know, at times, I long to be them?):
Cousin Paige is attending a back yard BBQ at the BIGest House
(photo courtesy of Paige's friend that I am stealing shamelessly via facebook)
(photo courtesy of Gordon, who was really that close to BIG himself, capturing the moment with the same camera I have)
Missy is working for Doctors Without Borders. In Africa. My BIGest dream
(photo courtesy of Missy, obviously a crazy person to be this close to the BIG animal)

My point here? Jealously. haha. That's not nice. I know. So in other words. There are a lot of ways to live out your BIG life. My BIGgest dream was always to be someone's Mom. For real. But, I have dreams of advocacy and fame and making a difference. I just hope I live long enough to realize all of them. In the meantime, I recognize THIS moment is the ONLY moment and if you could see Charlotte's pride and joy and amazement with herself at her first pee pee, well...you know...
Missy is working for Doctors Without Borders. In Africa. My BIGest dream(photo courtesy of Missy, obviously a crazy person to be this close to the BIG animal)

My point here? Jealously. haha. That's not nice. I know. So in other words. There are a lot of ways to live out your BIG life. My BIGgest dream was always to be someone's Mom. For real. But, I have dreams of advocacy and fame and making a difference. I just hope I live long enough to realize all of them. In the meantime, I recognize THIS moment is the ONLY moment and if you could see Charlotte's pride and joy and amazement with herself at her first pee pee, well...you know...


1 comment:
Yay, Charlotte!!! Way to go!
Yay, Momma, too!!! Heather, you are one awesome MOM!!!!
Post a Comment