Lily took one look at her and got into costume to join in on the dance party.
*Is it slightly HILARIOUS that we have these accessories at our fingertips and are ready for showtime, anytime???*
Just snap your fingers and we can start shaking our "Hips Don't Lie". I am so happy to have another (wannabe) dancer in the family. It was getting lonely being the only one to jump up dance along with the TV. I was reminded by a friend the other day of MY "Miss America Introduction" (that I have been practicing since childhood and continue to date)...
"from Lodi, Wisconsin I am HEATHER HERWIG!"
(Flashy, fake smile, hand on hip, pivot turn, exit stage left).
So does Lily get this trait from me? Darin? One of her many Great Grandma's? Herself?
I say yes to all...
While searching for some things in storage the other day I found my favorite children's book, Flavia and the Dreammaker. Its a story about a girl that wishes she could change herself. And her friend, Jack (aka the man in the moon), responds to her that the things she wants to change (her name, her looks, where she lives,etc) like this:
"You are beautiful because you are a part of your parents...and your grandparents...and pieces of their dreams."
So does Lily get this trait from me? Darin? One of her many Great Grandma's? Herself?
I say yes to all...
While searching for some things in storage the other day I found my favorite children's book, Flavia and the Dreammaker. Its a story about a girl that wishes she could change herself. And her friend, Jack (aka the man in the moon), responds to her that the things she wants to change (her name, her looks, where she lives,etc) like this:
"You are beautiful because you are a part of your parents...and your grandparents...and pieces of their dreams."
And I think Lily and I (and Darin and Charlotte) all have THIS in common (along with the rest of the world). We are all pieces of each other and our families, making each of us, our very own unique self. Along with the World Cup Players. Along with The World. All of us different and the same = worthy of celebration. Let's Shake it! And Shake it Up World!



1 comment:
Shakira! I love Shakira too! I bet I loved her way before even you did, Heather...Picture it, Summer of 1996, a young, blonde-haired girl spent the summer studying in Mexico. She, and her new friends, heard this song called "Estoy Aqui" all over the place and fell in love with it. So before they left they bought the Shakira CD.
I was so excited when she was no longer just a Latin star, but made it in the US as well. :)
Post a Comment