Labels

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Here's to the best Daddy ever! Just ask these two experts pictured with him below. We wouldn't trade him for anything. Being the best Dad is tied with being the best husband.


Thank you for YOU Darin Edward Lowe!


This Father's Day was a rare treat, as I got to spend it with MY Very Own Dad and Grandma H!


Happy Father's Day Dad!

A striking man with a lot of character! Indeed, you are one of a kind!



I showed Grandma, The Herwig Family pictures on Facebook and we exchanged gossip and found addresses she had been searching for. I'd love for her to get on the computer, but I hope she never abandons her trusty typewriter! I think our profiles resemble each other, long noses, pointy chins, and clenched smiles. I hope to be her at 86 (her doctor reports her body is about 3o years old). Her energy compares to Lily's. She is a total picture of age and amazement. And she's as hip and stylish as anyone. I love her to pieces.




Sweet Teri coordinated the event and as always brought all her love and affection to share with us. She blew bubbles and chased fireflies with the girls. Thank you Teri for your generousity and kindness. We are lucky to know you.

We sat outside watching the sunset, reminiscing, and catching up. It was a lovely visit.

As lovely as it was to be with my Dad and Teri, Darin, Lily, Ceci, and Grandma...there was a bit of grief as I thought of both my Grandpa's and just wished for more moments with them. I guess this reflection is what made the most of the visit with Dad and Grandma. I am reminded to treasure the moments, for whatever they are, the only thing we know for sure, is that they are limited.
Happy Father's Day to Papa Paul , Grandpa Dave, and Grandpa Gauthier too. Aren't I lucky to have all these fatherly figures to celebrate? Every one these fathers and grandfathers has given me support, guidance and love in their own way. And you know how I feel about "it taking a village". My village is diverse and abundant. My children's village is even bigger than my mine. Darin and I are lucky enough to be included in more children villages than we can shake a stick at.
Love... Sweet Love... All on Father's Day and Everyday!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Yes, you do resemble your grandma!!! I love how she was using a computer. :)

I am so sorry you didn't have your grandfathers with you on Father's Day.

My Blog List

Blog Archive