Labels

Friday, June 11, 2010

Morton Arboretum

This lovely place is about 5 miles from our house. And its the happiest place on earth. The happiest place that doesn't involve rides, zoo animals, showtimes, or lines that is. Free exploring of all the simple things in nature serves our family just as well. You never know what you are going to find on your journey and its never the same.

This time we chased a frog, a butterfly, and raindrops.
They don't sell this in the gift shop or I would consider getting a nice playhouse (cage) like this for home. I am kidding. Sort of. A little bit. Oh come on, look how happy they are confined to only each other. And I bet you could hose this puppy (pun intended) down for easy clean up. Its not a totally BAD idea...

We played with tadpoles, (recognize the lily white gams and toes of these three?) Even I caught them in my hands! (and you may or may not know I am slightly freaked out by touching any sort of insect/animal/fish/bird/reptile or whatnot. Even precious fuzzy baby kittens tend to scare the wits out of me)

there is whimsy everywhere you look


Does this photo need a caption? Oh, ok here's one off the top of my head
...LILY Winner of Nobel Peace Prize!

This simple game of getting each other wet entertained all 4 of us for a long time.
2 of us as players. 2 of us as audience.

A secret garden, and a fairies' neighborhood
(Who's the awesome grown up that came up with this?
Introduce me please! So I can tell them I am shamelessly stealing this idea for my own backyard)


Now that I am a "gardener"( haha), I envy the potting shed. It would be so much easier to set my store bought pot of tomatos in the yard if first they were staged here, you know leaves ruffled and cheeks pinched for that perfect rosy glow. Maybe I would write a poem about them while I am at it, if I had this.

a-MAZE-ing



Its a good thing Lily packed some cookies.

One predictable outcome of any trip is that Charlotte will be getting hungry in no time.
Such an easy fix = Lily's fresh baked peanut butter cookies, from Mama's store bought dough!

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive