Labels

Friday, December 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy!







First of all...Ode to Darin (the best husband, Dad, friend, and more) to which I dedicate this song. I thought about our past year and really how lucky us Lowe gals are to have him. For, as you can imagine, it can't always be easy. This is just a brief review of some of the things he has done for me in the past year. MY HERO!
On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me
Twelve weeks not working
Eleven friends a facebooking
Ten hours birthing
Nine months belly growing
Eight daily hours sleeping
Seven weeks a laying (bedrest)
Six years happy marrying
Five day Seattle break!
Four Family circus
Three hen weekends
Two darling daughters
And homemade decorated tree.

Darin and I had many birthday celebrations including dinner in the city at a Columbian Steakhouse with friends and the greatest mojitos in all the land. Thanks Aunt Darci for making it possible. And dinner at Darin's favorite mexican restaurant while the girls enjoyed a late night Christmas celebration at daycare (and I mean enjoyed, when we went to pick them up, there was Charlotte sitting in the middle of the party smiling hours past her bedtime! What great fun!)
Lily and I decided our family celebration would be to make a banana nut chocolate cake, just as Dora does in Lily's favorite bedtime story. Here it is!
And as you can see...Darin and I gifted each other with a new camera as an early Christmas gift. My favorite subject (aka Lily) is sick.
Lily told Santa she wanted "everything" for Christmas. I was concerned about greed. We came home and created a giving tree. Things we want others to have, and things we are grateful for. Its true I added about 3 things of my own. The rest are Lily's creation. My personal favorites are: sisters, parties, and trick or treating. When we were done she told me "Mama, I want EVERYBODY to have EVERYTHING." So indeed its abundance in her wise mind and not greed at all.
I was reminded at work the other day about my pregnancy craving when I was pregnant with Lily. It was Hot Tamale candy. I laughed in the meeting and responded with "I guess that explains why she's so spicy" Then later remembered my pregnancy craving with Charlotte was peanut butter. To me, these are the most perfect examples of my girls.
Due to poor Lily's recent illness (ear infections over and over again) she has become a bit of a tyrant. I made gemelli pasta for dinner the other night. Only to be berated by Lily who promptly took out a box of mostacholi and declared "Mom! You know THIS is my favorite pasta. I only like Penne! (pronounced by her as Pen-NAY)." My goodness. I couldn't help but laugh. And thank whomever taught her that, to which I assume it is you Diana, our faithful daycare provider with a flair for serving and speaking quite grown up to our dears. Ahh, the adventure continues.

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive