Ironically, what I thought about when I was there was the knowing that I have friends who are not that interested in traveling. And I never understood it, since the travel desire seems to run through my blood, and call me like a passion you would die for (and I did have fears of my own death before I left. Not for me, but my babies going on without me, and me missing out on their lives). And I went anyways. My calling. You see?
And after my time in Barcelona, and the things that mattered to me while I was there, I understand those friends who are ok to never go too far, a little bit more than before I left. Because what I experienced I had to travel halfway around the world for. But the pleasures I had, can be found in your own backyard if you are paying attention (which sadly, all too often, I am not). So...I have bottled up this vacation and I fully intend on taking secret sips of it and reminding myself of the simplicity of happiness and peace until I get the chance to take off once again (take off in a plane far, far, away that is).
In the meantime I am going to enjoy sunrises, sunsets, walking with my arm hooked in Darin's, a "let it be" attitude, silent meditations, human connection, good coffee, fancy scarves, siestas, seafood, art (including the art hanging on my fridge), patience, and inner peace as I did in Barcelona.
p.s. For those that are wondering...I missed the girls so much. It was a wonderful break, but I carry them in my heart where ever I roam. Darin and I are no longer just us, without them. We spent a good amount of time reminding each other that we have the BEST kids in the whole wide world. Well of course we do. Don't we all? :)











1 comment:
How fun! I'm with you....to travel is divine!
I was up one of those spindle-y stair cases just after college. Loved it! I too, would have liked to spend more time.
So glad you had fun.
Post a Comment