Labels

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Mountain Mama

Friends,
My best friend came to visit me,
my mom!
(isn't she cute!?!)
 
We enjoyed a long weekend,
with neither of us working.
 
We volunteered together at both
of the girls schools.

 
We shopped.
We had Bloody Mary brunches.
 
It was so fun to have my best friend in town.
 
We laughed until we cried,
over and over again.
 
She likes to think I was with her
and remember stories
from before I was born.
 
She thinks I was with her in high school,
college, remember my wedding with your Dad, etc.
 
I have to remind her, I wasn't born yet,
so no, I wasn't there.
"Oh that's right!" she responds.
 
LOL!
 
She thinks I have always been there with her.
I am so glad she has always been there with me.
 
This bond has been the most important
bond of my life.
 
Lily and Charlotte treasure her too.
Whenever they need extra love or support,
they ask to call Nanna.
 
I am so glad they have her too.
Its important to have them have someone to complain about their mom to.
 
Especially important to have someone
who reminds them that I love them
and I am doing the best I can,
and I was once a little girl too.
 
Cheers to Moms and Nanna's
and generations of love!
 
 


No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive