Labels

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Puttin' on the Ritz

Friends,
My job has its challenges.

However, this particular night,
was a night to remember.

My company gave away tons of money
 to charities and I got to witness it.

We did this giving in style
at the Ritz hotel.

My company is good at party planning.
And generosity.

I got to witness my co-workers
stand up to support an employee,
who has a son that has been blind since birth.

We gave big checks to support this cause, 
because childhood blindness 
has effected our company family.

I got to mingle
with a charity that supports
disadvantaged youth in Colorado.

This charity encourages girls to go into 
the fields of math and 
science and technology.

One woman that supports this cause,
used to work with a childhood best friend of mine.

Her next event was taking place where my parents live, in Colorado.

So I cozied up with these folks,
all of whom graduated from 
the Big Ten
Conference schools
and we enjoyed camaraderie.
And laughed at our rivalry.

I was in my element,
every piece of me was happy.

Especially,
the parts of me that do not have an opportunity to show themselves every day as easily
and the mother, wife, friend and daughter in me.
The social worker in me,
the party girl in me,
and the public relations woman,
was thrilled to be part of this event.

 Puttin' on the Ritz!

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive