Labels

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Bling 2.0


Friends,
To conclude Charlotte's month long
birthday celebration,
we took her to get her ears pierced.
 
I wanted my ears pierced at birth,
but my mom made me wait until I was 7.
 
So I made Lily wait until she was 7.
So I made Charlotte wait until she was 7.
 
So we were very excited when the day came.
 
Except it hurt her so darn bad,
she cried (it hurt!) and it broke my heart.
 
I suddenly felt like a terrible mom.
 
Even though she wanted it,
I felt so bad,
 that I agreed to put my sensitive daughter
 through physical pain.
 
I felt like less of a bad mom,
than the mom that went before me
with her 3 month old,
who wailed blood curdling screams,
because at least it was Charlotte's choice,
but still.
 
 
For Charlotte, sharing ice cream with sister,
easily cured every hurt she felt.
 
 
In fact, she choose Lily's birthstone
for her first pair of earrings.
 
 
So just to affirm myself,
I'd like to remind you,
that I birthed Lily,
Charlotte's favorite person ever.
 
I am so NOT bad mom,
but practically a hero.
 
You're welcome, Charlotte.
Happy Birthday.
Again.
 
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're hero for being there with her for it. Most of us have to grow up first before we consciously hurt ourselves, and by then our parents just laugh and say 'I told ya so' HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHARLOTTE! :)

My Blog List

Blog Archive