Friends,
On the last day of school,
I picked the girls up,
and headed straight to the airport to
fly to Colorado.
We are a little bit excited about this.
"The mountains are calling and I must go."
I went to do Yoga on the Rocks,
at Red Rocks.
My mom joined me and we got up early to watch
the sunrise over Denver, as we drove.
And then we arrived,
at one item on my bucket list.
My mom had back surgery this year,
and I can't tell you how happy I was
that she could join me.
My cute little hippy Mama.
When Fleetwood Mac started booming
through the speakers,
and I was in pigeon pose,
I knew I had ARRIVED.
And I was in like minded good company.
A total dream come true for me!
The next day I brought the girls, my mom,
Paul, and Jacob with me back to Red Rocks for a Barenaked Ladies concert.
But first, a stop in Tiny Town.
Family Tiny Train Selfie.
Conductor Papa Paul
(still a boy that loves trains,
even after all these years!).
This sweet little town nestled in the mountains,
was so adorable.
It was a perfect way to spend our day,
playing and pretending,
before the evening concert began.
Papa and Lily checked out the "Home Depot",
of course!
Here's where I would live :)
My parents bought the girls souvenirs
from Tiny Town.
Charlotte picked a necklace in this unicorn necklace holder.
Can you imagine the suspicion this caused,
as my bag was checked on the way in!
Haha!
I was thrilled to have the girls with me
for the show.
Lily took this picture of Charlotte and I.
Awe, my little baby love!
For the record, Jacob
is the most fun concert goer!
The girls learned
all the good songs,
in the weeks leading up to the concert,
so we could sing along together,
at the show.
One of the songs is called Pinch Me.
That's what I will call this dreamy picture of us.
Pinch Me!
I must be dreaming!
The band played a mash up of some of the girls favorite current songs,
and even a tribute to Prince!
The crowd was full of 40 something people,
like me.
We were all so cool in the 90's, I swear!
I loved every minute of it!
The next day we took the girls horseback
riding for the first time.
They loved it.
Me too!
The views were amazing!
My cousin Maya came to visit us,
and she brought her pup Riley,
since we were missing Rocky.
Much of our time was spent
hanging out in the backyard.
Jacob taught Charlotte how to play chess,
and I sat in a chair and read.
We love time in the mountains,
and mostly time with Nanna.
The goodbyes are always hard.
Tear jerking.
See you soon, Mountains and Family!
XO!































No comments:
Post a Comment