Friends,
Grandpa Claude passed away
just shy of his 102 birthday
with my Papa Paul at his side.
"it is not too sad for one that has lived a long life"
We headed to his hometown of Antigo
to celebrate his life.
Visiting with Nanna
is always our favorite.
We also got to reconnect,
with our Gauthier cousins.
I pretended Leah and Maya were my baby girls,
before I had my own.
They took my babies under their wings.
It was very sweet.
We teased that Grandma was finally
ready to let Grandpa join her.
She may have been enjoying her alone
time in heaven all these years :)
Grandpa got a full military salute,
with Papa's best friend in the line up.
And brother Jake played taps
on his trumpet.
It was beautiful.
We took Grandpa's pool cue
and headed to his favorite local establishment
to play a round.
Here's Papa with his brothers.
Papa showing us how its done.
Start em young!
The real pool sharks in the bar,
were very generous,
to let us have the table for so long.
When we were finally done and everyone had taken a shot or 2 or 3
(or however long it took us amateurs to actually finish the game),
they toasted to Grandpa,
and proceeded with their game using his cue.
Papa's kindergarten buddies,
remain his best friends.
Him and I are the only people I know
that have this special bond.
Here's Papa with his version of Julie and Cathie.
Ron and Charlie.
Here's Papa with his version of Julie and Cathie.
Ron and Charlie.
Monkey in the middle.
I love my brother and sister
so much!
I like to remember that Grandpa
wasn't always a 101 year old Grandpa.
Since we were in central Wisconsin,
we took the opportunity to visit with my Lensmire side of the family too.
As we were driving,
we happen to go through Rozellville,
where I spent a week every summer with my cousins when I was young.
Now one of my cousins is famous,
as a Super Bowl Champ,
making the four corners of Rozellville
very proud.
I smiled and laughed so hard,
as we passed this sign,
and made D stop the car for a picture.
Nice job, Little Richie :)
(not that little anymore)
Because we were in town,
our people showed up for
Friday Night Fish Fry
with us.
We were over the moon with the attendance.
"Heather's in town! Heather's in town!"
The flattery!
We stayed with cousin Christy,
and our kids played like we us to.
The very best part of our trip,
was spending time with Grandma Busha.
I just love my Grandma.
She makes me laugh so hard.
She likes the things I like,
clean houses, long walks
and good books.
She is so strong in her faith and religion,
I find myself wandering into Catholic churches,
everywhere to feel close to her.
Even with her strict ideas about stuff,
she is willing to change her mind,
to apologize,
and to see things in a new way.
Even when she could be set in her ways
(and sometimes is)
with time,
she reflects and adapts
and I think that is amazing.
I have a similar 4 generation picture on a couch,
when I was the baby.
I love watching the generations of strong women,
grow up and carry on the history.
Celebrate Life, Friends!
















No comments:
Post a Comment