Labels

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Cooking with The Lowe's

 I have mentioned our fascination with The Food Network and all things Giada (she's my pretty Italian BFF, you know this, right?)
We are always hanging out together in pretty places eating delicious things with big smiles and just enough/
not too much cleavage.
No really, she is part of my family.
My Food Network Family.

We watch the shows.  Record the shows. 
Borrow the cookbooks from the library. 
Re-enact (and sometimes video) it all in our own house. 
I dream of a Food Network Show with a kid (Lily, just a suggestion) as the star.
Lily wants to direct, record, and have ME be the star.
I tell her, I don't have what it takes to be a star, but YOU do.
In my mind, I think of other parents and kids, like us, wanting to watch safe TV,  that is also Mom friendly.
The Food Network has kids, as guests, at times.
Or kid friendly meals, menus, and parties... for ONE episode.
But a kid to actually MAKE the dish?
And then sniff it and call it "both sweet and savory" as Lily does?
Come on.
D and I will never have to work another day in our life.
SOLD.
I tease about being Lily's stage manager, of course.
But I think the idea is good, and we would all enjoy a
"Kid As the Star" Cooking Show.
The kids and I are on a cooking journey together.
We have a found a "sweet and savory" dish that they make without me.
Meaning, I never put my fingers on it.
No stove, oven, or other trickery.
These girls make up a mean trail mix to their liking.
Extra M&M's and more nuts, less banana chips, some raisins, a few pretzels, and more goldfish, to please C's palate.
All theirs.
Tastes better that way.
They report.
So when I am working on our weekly menus they are working on this.
When I am hunting the grocery store, they are hunting for new ingredient for their Sir-Mix-O-Lot.
And then I lead them OUT of the candy aisle.

The other day while Charlotte was napping and Lily and I were "resting" (watching The Food Network), her favorite commercial came on.
Its basically an info-mercial for a spice rack that swivels. 
Lily has been wanting this for months.
So when the 1-800 number flashed, she looked at me and laughed and grabbed the phone and pretending to start dialing. 
We were laughing so hard!!!
We were in tears!
She kept saying "just call 1-800, here I go Mom, we gotta have it!"
She knew she was teasing me.
She is so fun and a great mixer/measurer of a "cook"!

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive