Everyone in my family has been to many a Pump It Up party, except me. I have been out of town. Or at work. Or for whatever reason couldn't make it. Whathaveyou.
I have been to Monkey Joe's, same concept, so I thought I got the idea.
Smells like dirty feet and the kids jump, till they are dizzy right?
Right.
We were honored guests at neighbor friend Anna's, Pump It Up party.
It was what I thought.
Tons of fun for kids.
Smells like dirty feet.
Chaos contained.
Nicely, I might add.
But it exceeded my expectations because we were in good company with Anna's friends and family, and Nanna was with us and...
Ooh, ooh, a rock climbing wall!!!
Lily and I are really good at climbing.
Ooh, ooh, a rock climbing wall!!!
Lily and I are really good at climbing.
I say this because, Lily and I are NOT good at a lot of things like this.
Hula hoop, for instance.
We both sorta suck a hula hoop.
We try really, REALLY hard.
Both of us.
We can do it, but,
when we do, we have that look about out us.
Tongue out, ackward stance, stiff arms.
Tongue out, ackward stance, stiff arms.
Our faces and our bodies,
give away that we are trying really
REALLY hard at it.
But climbing?
Come on.
Go on.
Pros.
X2.
I have to admit now, (let not another moment pass without you knowing this about me) one of my claims to fame is that
I was the ONLY girl to make it to the top of the rope in the 4th grade.
Yes, I remember this.
Clearly,
because I only have a handful of things I was best at.
This was one.
(I am sure to share the others soon enough,
oh what am I waiting for?
6th grade spelling bee, environmental speech contest, THE SPLITS)
Are you still with me?
(I am sure to share the others soon enough,
oh what am I waiting for?
6th grade spelling bee, environmental speech contest, THE SPLITS)
Are you still with me?
Lily is like me in this way,
She rocked the climbing wall,
Moments later, the birthday girl's mom (Paige) and I had a race up the wall.
Paige won.
Well, won on the way up and she fell on the way down.
hahaha, I sorta won.
It was fun to hang with our friends and something spectacular to do on a Friday night.
Even though I came home with a headache, which tends to happen when you let the children run wild.
The next morning we went to church and brunch and enjoyed a Nanna splurge shopping trip to the mall where we scored outfits for Picture Day coming up this week.
Followed by napping, a dinner of braised lamb shanks, and a good game of Scrabble.
An absolutely perfect weekend in my book.

No comments:
Post a Comment