It has been awhile since we have officially invited our friends over to play.
So Lily and I decided to host a little party at our house last Friday.
We invited our neighborhood friends.
Most showed up!
The Mom's asked if they could stay and play too.
I realized D was out that evening, as were their husbands, so we decided to extend the afterschool playdate into a dinner date and "all night" (meaning 9 pm) affair, with one of D's co workers daughters in for her second sleep over at the Lowested!
(she reports she has been dreaming of the fun and air mattress since the last time she was here!)
We did Halloween crafts, baked/frosted/sprinkled Halloween cookies, made bracelets, ate pizza, and more.
(this post brought to you by the Target dollar aisle!)
(this post brought to you by the Target dollar aisle!)
You can guess who was in charge here, right?
As tradition in the Lowe house, it ended with a dance party.
And while the mom's were drinking wine and catching up on neighborhood gossip, desperate housewives style, the kids were sharing their self made gratitude.
"Hey Mom's look!"
LYUOEVOI
So I helped put it in order, the message was clear!
The following night we had a first dinner date with a family in the neighborhood.
It was awesome!
One of the best first dates I have ever had!
The family was the mini micro-brew hosts from the Deck Crawl. We chatted like old friends, even though we were only getting to know each other better.
The stories, laughter, and wine flowed.
Our kids (and theirs) watched a movie QUIETLY in another room, with no disruption.
I came home wondering if they will be alarmed at the level of NOISE in our house when we host?
Their house was so peaceful, quiet, and calm.
I also came home desperately seeking a better "meet cute" story for Darin and me.
"How did you two meet?"
its such a lovely conversation starter, and I started it...
They met on a blind date.
It was a darling story for a wonderful couple.
Then they asked us.
OMG, here we go...(why did I start this?)
...it was in a bar.
the story only gets funnier from there, and
"our story" continues to get funnier as we go along.
So maybe we are a comedy documentary more than romantic drama.
Our happily ever after is as happily as can be.
Do you have a meet cute?
Please share!

No comments:
Post a Comment