Labels

Friday, February 24, 2012

Home Alone

Grandma and Grandpa took the kids the other weekend so D and I were home alone.
It was wonderful.
I painted furniture, and did yoga.
We went to dinner and watched a movie and slept.
The house was quiet.
We got so much done.
Everything stayed in its place.


We talked about everything.
We remembered why we chose each other in the first place.
We started planning our retirement adventures.
We have a huge list of things we want to do with our kids.
And without.
Its comforting to know that we love our kids, but we have a whole life ahead for just the two of us too.
And when the kids are gone, and we get a chance to get to know each other again, we still like each other.
Before Darin left to get them we were having our "last supper".
I said "wow, its kinda nice not to have the kids around."
He said "I know."
I said "its kinda...better."
And we laughed and laughed.
Then our little ones toppled in the door with their pretty faces and sweet voices and big hugs and I immediately knew it wasn't true.
We all cuddled up together and I knew being all together was The Best place to be.
But boy, it really was nice! 

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive