Cathie and Jesse came to visit the other weekend.
We had plans to relax and do nothing, until we heard Miss Lori from PBS Kids would be at the mall, so we headed out for a field trip.
The tip came from Kylie's mom and we were happy to see them there.
Charlotte didn't know they were there because she couldn't take her eyes off Jesse.
Good thing, because he is an attempted escape artist at the mall!
(I love this about him. Mostly for Cathie. Haha. The revenge that comes with parenting yourself. I know it well and like to see I am not alone in this venture)
Jesse could only tolerate so much of Charlotte's motherly affection and then offered (demanded?) to take our picture. As you can see he can do it and is very grown up and doesn't actually need Charlotte to treat him like her new baby at all, but don't tell her that.
Nevermind me, I got pink eye from volunteering in Lily's class.
I am not kidding.
The kids didn't get it.
Just me.
What?
We were curious when the show started.
Then came Miss Lori!
And she worked really hard, but did not keep our attention.
So we went to lunch instead.
And like all good moms we let the kids ride the train and bought them candy, before heading home and ignoring them cuddled up and watching movies before bed.
The Little Ones of course, went to bed. And the big girls stayed up and played a game of Chat Pak (thanks Auntie K)
The best thing about the visit was the comfort. The lack of entertainment and fanfare. The no plans and play it by ear.
These sorts of visits remind you that these friends are actually family.
And as much as I adore and respect the ever-brilliant and beautiful and talented Cathie,
all of us swoon over her smart, friendly, cute, and unique boy.
You know that we are Jesse's Girls.

No comments:
Post a Comment