Hello, Friends!
Are you into summer yet?
After this weekend, we are Full On Summertime.
We came home and our neighbors reported,
I got a tan
(w-w-hhat? Not possible),
Charlotte got blonder
(I didn't see it as it was happening, but I agree),
and the lawn needs to be mowed
(of course, we know. Right on it.)
Friends invited us to stay
in their camper with them,
for the weekend,
and we took them up on the offer.
Darin hates camping.
The girls and I love it.
I thought this might be a good "in between".
The great outdoors and camp fire
for the girls and me.
Air conditioning, TV, and
better than air mattress sleep accommodations
for Darin.
Plus, a pool, refridgerator, golf cart
and some of the finer things he enjoys.
It was a short few hour ride from our house.
When we got into the familiar Wisconsin air,
we let our windows down and enjoyed the farmland and scenic views that
we all love so much.
It feels like home to all of us,
even though our babes were not birthed here.
Something as simple as the wind in your hair ,when crossing into the Wisconsin border, makes you want to wish peace on earth to every trucker you pass on the country road.
I feel this too.
We all enjoyed the
best of summer...
good weather, good company
and a break from routine.
Darin made the most fantastic ribs for dinner.
Darin knows ribs.
I enjoyed my Saturday Happy Hour,
Dairy Land style.
Wine in a John Deer mug.
Awesome.
Awesome.
We had smores and late night fireside chats.
The kids were gladly tucked in bed after a full day at the pool, impromptu hula hoop contests, and hours playing at the park
(and getting filthy, sandy, dirty)
(and getting filthy, sandy, dirty)
I went into the weekend with an open mind.
What I know about myself and camping,
is that I am a pure-ist.
I want to really rough it and get away from my OCDish self and into the rhythm of nature.
I want the tent.
What I know about myself and camping,
is that I am a pure-ist.
I want to really rough it and get away from my OCDish self and into the rhythm of nature.
I want the tent.
The lake.
The beach.
The views.
The hike.
The stars.
We had a lovely time in the
outdoors with our friends.
But I left the weekend affirmed,
I am a pure-ist, when it comes to camping.
The in between is not for me.
Camping to me, just isn't camping
when you are in a pool, your phone works and you can't see the stars.
Forgive me.







No comments:
Post a Comment