Hello!
This is my second day of summer vacation.
"Summer Vacation"
means to me,
that I will have both girls with me
All day,
on the days that
I do my job part time from home.
It should seem more stressful,
to have the summer interns working with me.
But, ironically, no.
No school means,
no drop offs and pick ups.
(or lunches or homework
or pajama days or cash for thisorthatwhenIdon'thavecash)
This feels like a break.
Even with my same work load at work.
It means no schedule.
I can manage my work life easier,
when I don't have to go or be anywhere
at a certain time.
And the time in between is ours.
Plus, bribing my kids to be quiet and give me space for important work calls is easy.
They have both been doing this, their whole lives.
They get it.
Well trained.
TV and snacks are my best friends.
I feel entitled to do this right now,
because they have worked hard.
Downtime is necessary.
The first day of "my"
summer vacation was Tuesday.
"Summer Vacation"
means to me,
that I will have both girls with me
All day,
on the days that
I do my job part time from home.
It should seem more stressful,
to have the summer interns working with me.
But, ironically, no.
No school means,
no drop offs and pick ups.
(or lunches or homework
or pajama days or cash for thisorthatwhenIdon'thavecash)
This feels like a break.
Even with my same work load at work.
It means no schedule.
I can manage my work life easier,
when I don't have to go or be anywhere
at a certain time.
And the time in between is ours.
Plus, bribing my kids to be quiet and give me space for important work calls is easy.
They have both been doing this, their whole lives.
They get it.
Well trained.
TV and snacks are my best friends.
I feel entitled to do this right now,
because they have worked hard.
Downtime is necessary.
The first day of "my"
summer vacation was Tuesday.
I had to clean the house after my Avon Walk, and following day at work.
The house gets DESTROYED
when I am gone for a second.
I am only speaking the facts now.
So on our first day the kids watched TV and irritated each other,
while I mopped and organized.
The house gets DESTROYED
when I am gone for a second.
I am only speaking the facts now.
So on our first day the kids watched TV and irritated each other,
while I mopped and organized.
We needed a down day to recover and regroup from all of our end of the year activities.
But really, within the first few hours, the girls gave me a headache with their tattling, screaming, fighting and taunting.
I was starting to count the days
until school will start again.
Today, was a wonderfully different story.
I was awake, alone
sipping coffee for 1 1/2 hours before the girls.
sipping coffee for 1 1/2 hours before the girls.
Then I accomplished this!
cleaned 2 bathrooms
cleaned Charlotte's room
changed Charlotte's sheets
did 4 loads of laundry
made pink lemonade
cut up huge watermelon
made homemade chicken stock to freeze
planted an herb garden
got our patio umbrella up
turned our backyard into a waterpark
made grocery list and meal plan
bedazzled Lily's recital shoes
sent 2 thank you cards
called Amazon to replace my broken Kindle
had a sucessful work meeting
made a bucket list of things
we want to do this summer.
we want to do this summer.
and found time to play!
It is only 1 pm!
Can you imagine the things we will do next?
I am dreaming of cleaning out the coat closet,
cleaning the bird poo off the mailbox,
hanging 2 new paintings,
and revamping our decor for summer.
But...
we are off to Old Navy and Trader Joe's.
So far, this summer rocks.





No comments:
Post a Comment