Labels

Friday, June 22, 2012

Do Not Disturb

Psst...hey you guys,
I am writing this very quietly,
as to not mess anything up.
I have something awesome to report...
The girls are becoming
friends
this summer.
Super-secret-soul-sister-kind-of-friends.
You know the kind I am talking about.

As in, 
"the friends you choose, as family"
sort of friends.
And not the reverse scenario of,
"we're obligated by bloodline
to be nice to each other.
And get together on holidays". 

Observing this new friendship,
is witnessing a (my) dream come true.  
Today, the magic happened
while catching "pet" roly poly's.
Yesterday, it was creating dance "shows".
The activity matters little to me compared to
the camaraderie between them.
I am thrilled.
Charlotte, is no longer a baby,
Lily, is no longer the only one
with a voice in the matter.
They are compromising, collaborating,
and creating together.

When all I need to provide for an afternoon of fun
is a jar with some holes poked in it?
I am content, fulfilled, and happy.
(and reading in a corner
not too close and not too far from them)
Enjoying the sounds of sisterhood,
 when they don't know I am listening.


As for the pet roly poly's?
I am tempted to host their escape tonight.

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive