Labels

Monday, July 16, 2012

City Night

After the beach incident we rewarded ourselves with pampering.
Hot showers in our fancy
Palmer House Hilton Hotel.


We dressed for dinner and Charlotte applied plastic lipstick.

 We walked to one of my favorite places,
Italian Village.

 The atmosphere is so Italian.



 We got a secret booth,
a tiny room all to ourselves.
And cheese. 
We got cheese.
 After dinner we strolled around taking in all the city sites.


 And colors.
 And movement.
 It was a total vacation from our sleepy nighttime
neighborhood.
We ended at Millenium Park.
 

I told Lily she could take off her shoes and socks if she wanted to dip her toes in the water.
She also removed her skirt
(and had shorts underneath)
Before I could stop her,
this was happening!




It will not surprise anyone that C didn't want to participate
in the wet madness.
And was tired
(her legs were broken afterall)
She had to go potty
so D took her back to the hotel.

 And Lily and I stopped at The Bean so she could admire her reflection before we joined them.
I loved having the girls out at night in the city.
It was such so much fun! 
Lily's enthusiasm and thirst for experience
is the greatest gift.
And a total must have
on any adventure.
She is a top choice of folks I would travel the world with.


No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive