Its the Eve of my 37th birthday.
I am too busy working that I have hardly had time to consider this,
but Darin brought it my attention tonight.
but Darin brought it my attention tonight.
And I had to respond with,
"am I going to be 37 or 38?"
"am I going to be 37 or 38?"
This time of year is hard for me,
because I start counting
my new age,
in the new year.
because I start counting
my new age,
in the new year.
I suppose it doesn't really matter that much,
as my oldest younger
(by 10 years)
sister Amy,
just sums it up to announce
"Heather is approaching 40."
(by 10 years)
sister Amy,
just sums it up to announce
"Heather is approaching 40."
She's right, whether I am 36 or 37,
(or 18 for that matter),
I am approaching 40.
All of us younger than 40
are approaching 40, right?
(Even Amy!)
I am approaching 40.
All of us younger than 40
are approaching 40, right?
(Even Amy!)
With my Dad's young death,
I think approaching any
of the elder -ish ages,
of the elder -ish ages,
is desirable.
To 40 and beyond!
(I tease you, Aunties,
my most faithful readers now)
I am grateful.
For life.
For approaching 40.
To 40 and beyond!
(I tease you, Aunties,
my most faithful readers now)
I am grateful.
For life.
For approaching 40.
The thing I am seeing about being 36/37,
is those so called sandwich years.
I am equally worried about taking care of my parents, my children, my staff, and myself.
I am equally worried about taking care of my parents, my children, my staff, and myself.
Its an incredibly responsible age,
if I do say so myself.
if I do say so myself.
I do not feel so responsible.
A big parts of me feels 10 years old.
And I am,
because I am 10
plus all those other years that got me here.
I am all those ages
I have been before,
wrapped into one
37 year old looking package.
For instance, at my new job
when a delightful woman,
about 10 years older than me
calls me "Honey"...
...I feel like maybe she's my mom,
and I want to hug her.
And I am,
because I am 10
plus all those other years that got me here.
I am all those ages
I have been before,
wrapped into one
37 year old looking package.
Its interesting how you see yourself
and treat others, as you age.For instance, at my new job
when a delightful woman,
about 10 years older than me
calls me "Honey"...
...I feel like maybe she's my mom,
and I want to hug her.
When my boss,
who is maybe 5 years younger than me,
talks to me,
I feel like
she's my elementary school teacher.
And I want to please and obey.
who is maybe 5 years younger than me,
talks to me,
I feel like
she's my elementary school teacher.
And I want to please and obey.
When I talk to my staff
(of all ages),
(of all ages),
I sorta want them to think
I am their older/wiser sister,
when in reality,
I have no idea what they think, but
I am pretty sure they laugh behind my back.
I am their older/wiser sister,
when in reality,
I have no idea what they think, but
I am pretty sure they laugh behind my back.
When I talk to my kids,
I know for sure,
they think,
I am about the same age
and have the same knowledge as God.
(this picture is incredibly hilarious, right?)
37 baby.
I know for sure,
they think,
I am about the same age
and have the same knowledge as God.
(this picture is incredibly hilarious, right?)
37 baby.


No comments:
Post a Comment