Labels

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Family Ties

Friends,
the weekend of my birthday
was full of wonder and delight.
It was also the weekend of my Dad's birthday.
So I made plans to hang with
our cousins.
As you can see, my Little's
are pretty excited about being older cousins.
(don't worry, the littler ones will get use to us)
 

Actually, we are all feeling pretty fancy about it.
As for me,
I have fallen in love.
 I love them all, but a brand new bald baby girl?
Puhleeze.
Over.the.moon.
 
I threw Baby J on D for a minute too.
Just to remind him of
our own little precious burritos,
before they talked back at us.
 
He remembered quickly, naturally.
 My sisters and I threw
a little birthday party for Dad.
It was an exclusive guest list.
3, to be exact.
 This beautiful day was the opposite of burial day.
This day was sunny and happy.
We were together.
We were laughing and joking.
We were celebrating his life.
And ours.
 
I treasured the best gift he ever gave me,
which was my sisters.
My evening was spent with my other sisters.
My baby twin sister besties.
 
(we are happier than we appear,
we just looked stoned
because we started with massages, facials, and manicures)
 
We talked.
We laughed.
We cried.
We shared.
We dirty martini'd.
And we felt so fantastic the next day,
we will do it again.

Ahh, Friends.
Good love, babies, pampering, and nights out
heal broken hearts.

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive