Friends,
Its Spring in Chicago.
The in-like-a-lion kind.
I am struggling in my new job.
Its so hard.
Its so long.
Its so uncomfortable.
I go off everyday into
the world,
without my support team.
That part sucks.
One day I snuck out of work early enough to see a bit of daylight and have a surprise date
with Mutual Admiration Society.
She was as ready as I was for our time.
And surprised me by dressing the part.
And surprised me by dressing the part.
I often get home in time to witness this.
My baby asleep on Daddy's arm.
(and basketball on tv)
Their sweet content, slays me.
I miss my baby.
By Friday, my world looks like this.
All I want is to come home and sit on the couch, and cuddle with my family.
Weekends are just as busy as the week, as I have to fit in all errands, laundry and chores that took a backseat during my long work week.
I had a Girls Weekend Planned,
before taking the new job.
It was a wonderful get away and reconnection with old friends.
But I came home Sunday
and desperately needed a nap.
I was so exhausted,
I didn't even realize Lily took our picture.
I found it on my phone a week later,
thought it was a perfect portrait of life these days.
I am pretty much always exhausted.
I haven't figured out the work/life balance.
And really, I think I am just working too much.
There are some parts about this new gig that I like.
I like waking up early
and I love Chicago.
I like the excitment of working with smart people.
I like pushing myself and testing my confidence and finding my voice.
I like being part of the Leadership team.
Friday, I spent the day at the Lincoln Park Zoo for a conference.
I loved learning about all the changes and challenges in healthcare.
I like being part of something bigger.
Change is good.
Its hard, but good.
I haven't figured it all out yet.
I do know, I can only move forward,
and I do not want to go back.
But I do miss my time at home.
I miss my kids.
I miss the safe and familiar feeling of the old job.
Some days I come home in tears.
Some days I come home so inspired,
I think my heart will burst.
Nothing is predictable.
Nothing is consistent.
Everything is new.
Still so brand new.









No comments:
Post a Comment