Labels

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

By Itself Alone

Friends,
I saw something this time at Ishnala, that I didn't see last time.
The meaning of Ishnala.
"By Itself Alone"
I didn't know what that meant, on Saturday Night.
 

By Sunday, I learned.
Let me explain.
Last year Lily wanted me to do this ropes course with her.
 
And I did.
Very quickly,
and not fully
and kinda scared
and totally hating it.
 
This year she wanted to do it again.
I thought that was great,
but I was not going with her.
 
We signed her up and at the last minute
she got nervous, to be doing it alone.
 
So I anxiously watched her
push through her nerves. 
 
Secretly, allowing her to quit at any time.
 
And she didn't.
 
She just kept going.
And going.
And going.
 
Braver and bigger and farther with every step.
 
Then she started to smile while climbing.
 
Then she looked down at me for smiles back.
 
Then I realized she went farther without me than she ever would have gone with me.
 
So "by itself alone" is the way.
The only way.
Here's my fearless leader.

Joining a circus near you!
Oh wait, she's already part of one :)

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive