Labels

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

Friends,
we spent Memorial Day Weekend
with my besties family,
at our WI pool house.
Err...Cathie's house.
Whathaveyou.
 
 
As we were singing
Happy Birthday to Charlotte,
Charlotte was singing Happy Birthday
to her best pretend cousin, Jesse.
He indulged in his celebration.
(his birthday was months ago)
 
Jesse, is a first born.
You know how first borns are.
They think everything is about them.
 
I am a first born. 
I can attest to this fact.
 
So, here's a toast to the second borns!
The world can't be full of (first born) people,
too full of themselves.
 
In my Bestie Village, we have five kids.
Two second borns.
 
Easy, charming, considerate,
and kind kids that
balance out the older siblings.
 
 I am an elder in this village,
to amazing young folks.

Our love is thicker than blood.
We are part of the same tribe.
Cut from the same cloth,
related or not.

As you can see,
they belong to me.
They belong to the others,
 in the Bestie Village too.
And we are all responsible,
 for doing our part in raising them.
 
I happen to get the really fun role,
of being Auntie Heddie.

The weekend ended with a moment with my actual relation, at a Memorial Day Service,
taking place at the cemetery where my Dad rests.
 
I joined my sisters Amy and Emily, my Grandma, Aunt Joan, Uncle Randy,
and more at the ceremony. 
 
After my weekend with my pretend niece and nephews it became clear to me why
my actual relation knows me so well.
 
I have been part of their tribe,
 since the day I was born.
 
Cheers Friends,
to our families from our blood tribe
 and our kindred soul tribe.
 
We are all family after all.
 
Special honors and gratitude to my
Grandpa Herwig, my step dad Paul,
and all who have served our country,
are serving our country,
and are supporting their family and kindred soul family supporting our country.
God Bless the USA.
 


No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive