Labels

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Take your Child to Work Day!

 

Hi Friends!
How are you?
Its been for-evah, since we last talked!
I've been busy.
You too?
Let's catch up.
 
First of all, I knew I liked my new company,
but when they participated in
Take Your Kids to Work Day,
I fell in love.
 
The only piece missing about my love of New Job was my kids' lack of participation.
 
I loved going to work
and I hated being away from them.
Both. 
Yes, both of those things.
 
Lily and Charlotte are my right and left arms,
right and left ventricles.
 
So to do anything without them,
felt like I was not fully there.
 
No matter how good it was,
it wasn't 100%
until they get to experience it with me.
 
Enter in stage right,
the day I got
to take my kids to work.
And merge both of my wonderful worlds.
A performance played in perfect harmony!
 
My company has 2 offices in the city.
I work in the not as cool office.
 
The other office is mod, and cool.
It has a kitchen that
they won't allow me to work in,
for fear I will spend  my time hosting a
Food Network show.
The cool office also has rooftop access
so we took a visit.
 
Lily photo bombed. 
(this is totally a Grandma Busha face, that Nanna has inadvertantly inherited,
which we love to point out to her)

The kids started the day,
by writing a job description
of what their parents do at work.
 
Lily's contribution to the list was "drink coffee".
Charlotte's was "make emails".
 
They know me well.
 
My personal favorites though,
 were not from my kids,
but from other clever children,
"calm down" and "look out the window".
 
 
They were surrounded with other kids.

For the first time in my history,
my kids were not the weirdos,
embarassing me
at the office.
 
They were just kids, being kids.
 
My kids.
Kids, I am so proud of.
 
 
You can see they were in good company.


 
They made such good friends,
we invited a few to lunch with us.
Then, us 3 Lowe Gals,
were off to the Willis Tower,
just a door down from my office,
 where we took in the views.
 
Are you creeped out to have your children standing above the city like this?
Yes, me too.

The girls were not creeped out at all.
So, I stood on the sidelines taking pictures,
for as long as I could.
 
Just in case, this was
the very last moment of their dear life.

And then they bribed me into joining them.

I am fully settled now, in New Job.
I will stop calling it New Job.
Its just Job now.
I made the 90 day mark.
An important milestone, for any new employee.
I am still learning, but getting very comfortable.
And, I am now famous at work.
For my kids.
Amen.
 

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive