Labels

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Volleyball

Friends,
Lily's volleyball class came to an end.
She asked me to watch her last practice,
because it was going to be a game.
 
I didn't know until I got there,
that the game was
kids against
the parents.
 
I wasn't prepared, but I was dressed
appropriately
in my yoga pants and tennis shoes,
 and had absolutely no excuse not to join in.
 
So I did.
 
I pretty much sucked.
I was very intimated.
 
It only made me all the more proud of Lily
for learning something new.
She learned a lot this season
and she is looking forward
to signing up again.
 


I am looking forward to more opportunities
to give it a try and improve my skills,
and mostly to play with her.
I have already suggested putting up the net
for our
neighborhood  block party.
 
Its ok to try new things.
Its ok to suck at new things too.
Wise words from a
pretty sucky parent volleyball
player!


No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive