Friends,
Thank you for the birthday wishes!
I had a really wonderful birthday celebration!
Feeling more grateful for the chance to get old,
than ever before!
38? Bring it!
I WANT it.
I want 38 and 39 and 40 and 50 and 100 and infinity!
I love this grand life and I will take it
with wrinkles and gray hair.
I am so over vanity.
I just want a smile and a cry and a hug and a laugh.
I had it all on my birthday.
Lily planned my birthday celebration.
She took me to opening night of
The (new) Muppet Movie.
At the fancy theater and ordered me a bottle of wine
to split with Darin.
At first, I was flattered with her plan.
It was cute and I would play along happily.
After all, she kept telling me,
After all, she kept telling me,
She knows "how much I love The Muppets (and wine)."
I sorta smiled,
and then sorta made a face to Darin,
like this wasn't a proper adult party.
We got there,
and then sorta made a face to Darin,
like this wasn't a proper adult party.
We got there,
and I had my first sip,
and the movie started,
and the old beginning theme started.
You know what I am talking about right?
And suddenly I felt the age of the picture my
Grandma just sent me.
I was back in time.
I felt like it was Sunday night,
I felt like it was Sunday night,
and I had my bath and my hair was braided,
and the moment I was waiting for was about to begin...
I am snuggled on the couch
with my blankie,
and my mom
with my blankie,
and my mom
and The Muppets.
And I could really remember it.
I looked over at Lily smiling,
stuffing cheese fries in her mouth,
and I cried,
because I really do love The Muppets.
She brought me back to my childhood,
in the happiest way.
Big happy teared,
Happy Birthday to Me!
Big happy teared,
Happy Birthday to Me!


No comments:
Post a Comment