Labels

Friday, May 30, 2014

Happy St. Bridget Day!

Friends,
Happy St. Paddy's Day, Lads!
I had to work, but prepared breakfast the night before.
 
Lily, per usual made a leprechaun trap.
She just missed him!
AGAIN!

After work, I met my favorite Irish gal
at a local pub for beer and corned beef.
A boy hit on her and then
said her husband would probably kill him.
 
We just laughed and said
"yea, probably, he's actually probably watching you right now!"
 
As she learns to live in her new role as widow
(trust me, I hate saying that as much as you hate reading it)
I learn to be a widow's friend. 
 
Bridget makes it so easy on me,
by being honest and grateful.
 
We go to lunch every week.
We cry every week.
We laugh too, even more than we cry.
 
The other week, we went to lunch,
and we didn't cry.
 
We didn't talk about Shooty.
 
We just enjoyed being together,
and sharing our todays.
 
I realized when we left what happened.
 
I guess its moving on.
A good step.
 
Then I called her later and
we cried and missed Shooty.
 
We will always miss him.
But we can move on too.

I talk to Shooty sometimes,
and he tells me to just keep loving his family,
as I always have.

So I just keep showing up,
as I always did.

And lucky for me,
they just keep the door open for me.
 
 

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive