Friends,
Valentine's Day was good to me.
I skipped this commute.
For Mr. V's 3rd grade class party
down the street instead.
Feeling like Mother of the Year bringing along
my sweet, yet healthy
(and gorgeous?)
treats.
Let me tell you something about 3rd graders.
They are cool.
I totally enjoyed my time,
with these "growing up" kids.
Their personalities so unique,
and their interactions with each other = priceless.
Lily has a great classroom.
I appreciated the glimpse into her private world.
The places and people she spends her time with,
when I am at work.
Her teacher is super cool.
He's like the most amazing adult 3rd grader in the room.
He was following in big footsteps for us,
after the Lovely Miss LeMeiux we had for the past 2 years.
He filled those shoes with his sense of humor.
He has a passion for learning, that is so evident,
both in our parent conferences,
and by his ease in relationships with the kids.
Especially, Lily, of course, because that is what I know best.
He really likes Lily and I love watching them tease each other.
I love how she respects him and listens to him.
I love how safe she feels with him,
and how much he knows her all on her own,
without any input or help from me.
They bring smiles and energy to each other.
This brings a huge smile to me.
He sees her with a piece of the same love that I see her with.
Charlotte's class enjoyed
Our nanny, Charlee, gifted me with flowers.
Are you kidding me?
How sweet!
No, you can't have her.
She is not for hire.
I will keep her as long as she will keep us.
She is the best influence on the girls,
and the biggest help to me.
I love and trust her, totally.
Her mom watched the girls since they were 3 months old.
We have known each other since Lily was born.
How did I get this lucky?
So this year has been hectic and busy,
but I have had a whole community of people,
who have stepped in to help in the big task
of raising my kids.
It was never really only my job to begin with.
And I was never arrogant enough to think it should be,
only me.
I am so happy with the other
adults they have in their life.
These amazing folks support, teach,
and influence them
on a daily basis.
We have been gifted with a really
kind and caring village.
Here's my sage advice for finding
great village people yourself...
"No man does it all by himself,
young man, put your pride on the shelf
and just go there, to the YMCA
I'm sure they can help you today!"
I'm sure they can help you today!"
I tease, because my emotion is so immense,
that if I don't make light of it,
I will get too deep,
in sobs tears of gratitude
for our fantastic caretakers.

No comments:
Post a Comment