Labels

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Christmas Card

Friends,
 
You know,
 I love to give and receive
Christmas cards.
 
Sometimes, I have a plan.
 
A theme, even.
 
On good years,
a letter,
or poem,
or song,
or rhyme.
 
I really outdo myself sometimes!
 
One year,
we won our own personal
Christmas Card contest.
 
We just looked at all our beautiful family
and friends hanging on our wall,
and patted ourselves
on the back,
 all month long,
knowing we outdid them!
 
This year, I had none of those things.
 
But I did have the desire to
get it done.
 
I had cute outfits for the girls.
I can always be counted on for that part.
 
So while in Colorado,
for Thanksgiving,
I asked my stepdad, Paul,
to walk across the street from their house,
to the Bird Sanctuary,
and snap a few impromptu pics.
 
I grabbed this prop,
accidently found,
 in my mom's office closet
 on our way out.
 
Lily posed us.
 
 She suggested totally weird things,
like having Mom and Dad squat and kiss.
 
mmm-kay.
 
We played along.

Walk this way.
 
Ohhh-kay.
 Just be normal.
 
Right???
What's going on?
Are you really taking these pictures, Paul?
 
I was wondering when
we were going to get started.
For real.


 Little did I know,
we had all ready gotten started.
For real.
 
But because, I wasn't so sure,
about how this was all going,
and I was feeling totally out of control,
I grabbed the camera.
 
Jump, I commanded.
 
Lily responded enthusiastically.
 
 
C followed suit.
 
 
 
And then we were bored and wanted to get back to the house to continue playing games.
 
All in all,
I think we got some really great
unprofessional pictures.

We also had a few funny outtakes,
when Darin got out of HAND.
 
We didn't include a letter.
 
It was way too complicated with my job change,
to share much about a lot.
 
We joked and crafted verbal letters,
about what we would say.
 
Dad's big job.
"So Dad is like the boss of everything and everyone!"
 
Lily's busy extra curricular activities.
"So Lily is like the best at everything.  Always."
 
Charlotte's diverse school.
"Charlotte is just like the best student and cutest ever.  Of all times in everything she does."
 
My equal and competing love
for wine and yoga.
 
"Mom like goes to yoga all the time.  And she really loves her wine."
 
In truth, I think with social media,
maybe our Christmas cards,
and letters,
are a thing of the past.
 
Next year we might have a new plan.
 
Till then,
from our house to yours.

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive