Friends-
It was (my)
Baby Conor's first Christmas.
We smothered him, naturally.
When the girls wore him out,
he napped with me.
We went walking through a light show
at the Botanical Gardens.
He was happily bundled up,
babbling loudly to everyone we
passed along the path.
I joined my father in law
at the end of the line,
taking in, and enjoying
our beautiful family bouncing ahead of us.
Dave and I both fell on the ice,
recently, and broke bones,
so we took our steps,
much slower than the rest.
Leaning into each other, quietly,
in our mutual silent fear and independence.
so we took our steps,
much slower than the rest.
Leaning into each other, quietly,
in our mutual silent fear and independence.
I did manage to get a family picture.
On a day that I didn't manage to take a shower.
I love holidays for the lazy time
spent with family.
And joining a baby on his first Christmas?
You can't beat that.
I am the luckiest Aunt on Earth!
Hark I sing!





No comments:
Post a Comment