Labels

Monday, March 16, 2015

Friendsmas

Friends,
We enjoyed a mid January
Friendsmas in Wisconsin.
 
I just made up that great word on our way up.
And greeted everyone upon arrival with it.
 
They played along with me,
greeting each other with it too.
 
Cathie and I decided on a WI
Supper Club theme.
 
I brought my Father In Law's
Old Fashions.
 
And Grandma Busha's
secret deep fry cheese curd batter,
and my Dad's deep fryer.
Mike provided the actual cheese curds,
and steak, naturally.
 
Cathie made beautiful wedge salads.
 
 
 Cathie bought all the ingredient to make my
Aunt Anne and Uncle Tom's
(supper club owners)
Grasshopper recipe for dessert drinks for the kids.
 
 
I felt like I brought a piece of all my blood family,
to my Friendsmas Family Christmas gathering.

It made me so happy!
 

 
Julie got our Friendsmas babies,
matching pj's.
 
I got Bob drinking glasses,
which Ceci put on.
 
Bob already had a pair
(of course)
 so Jesse followed suit.
 
Pun intended, notice the jammies, Friends?
I got Julie this shirt.
 
The whole room was in tears of laughter,
because they all witnessed,
and saved,
our little canoe trip/tip,
a few years ago,
 at the lake house.
 
It has been a running joke ever since.
 
The last time Julie, Cathie and I,
were together,
Cathie handed us a sealed envelope from Bob,
she didn't know what it was.
 
When Julie opened it,
it was DNR water safety instructions.
 
2 copies, one for each of us.
LOL.
 
The oldest Friendmas sisters,
put on make up
and took pictures.
 
OMG.
Its like Toddlers in Tiaras.
 
Except, someone remind me,
they are not toddlers,
because its hard for me to understand.
After our lovely gathering,
I was browsing through Instagram,
on the car ride home.
 
I follow Hannah Bear.
Duh.
 
Like every good curious
super snoopy,
report-straight-back-to-mom
Auntie would do.
 
I see this.
 
 
"Her baes!"
 
I think to myself,
oh gosh who are these girls?
 
Hannah is so pretty and she's got such cute friends
 
I want to give it a like.
I am happy Hannah has such cute, nice friends,
in her teenage years.
 
Seriously,
moments later...
 
I realize,
they are actually
"my baes"
as in babies...
 
there in a teenage Instagram
post, from my favorite tween.
 
I didn't even recognize them at first.
 
The world is spinning so fast.
 
Hang on.
Hold fast.
Keep tight.
 
These are the days
to remember.
 
Families are given,
but Friendsmas Families,
are strategically selected.
 
We are perfectly matched,
and blessed with each other.
 
 
 

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive