Labels

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Spirit Week-and on to Middle School

Friends,
It was Spirit Week
at Lily's school this week.
 
Monday was Movie Day.
 
Lily chose to be Audrey Hepburn,
in Breakfast at Tiffany's.
 
 
She's wearing my dress!
And shoes!
 
They fit!
 
What in the world???
 
Its also been a bit of
Middle School Orientation Week,
for parents and kids.
 
Lily is excited,
but nervous about learning her padlock,
 for a locker,
and changing in gym.
 
She had bestie Kylie over and we talked about
this and I felt ok.
 
Until later that evening,
I went to the parent part,
of Middle School Orientation
and am now freaking the freak out!
 
Too many rules.
Not enough time.
Be good soldiers.
 
I hated what I heard,
I wondered why we are raising,
productive and angry people,
like me.
 
One of the main teachers,
is a dear friend,
Bridget's sister in law,
she has known Lily since birth.
 
I have asked her "teacher questions",
since preschool.
 
She is good at her job.
I love her.
 
 I love that she is there,
already with her eyes and ears on Lily,
even during the first walk thru.
 
Lily is a fantastic girl,
and will adapt and adjust to all the changes.
 
But I am not ready for it.
 
And even with our teacher/friend,
I am not sure that I like it,
or agree with it.
 
I am just not ready.
 
Lily is ready.
 
Its me,
that wants a big pause,
before we jump into all that pressure.
 
I want to raise a happy and independent child,
that can use her creative spirit daily.
 
Together, we will figure this out.
Middle school seems like a super big deal,
much bigger here with 300 kids in her class,
than in my little Lodi.
 
Hold me!
 
 
 

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive